The Meeting rooms of the Eastern Oklahoma District Library System facilities are primarily intended to support the goals of the public libraries of the System. Our Vision is to create a welcoming library that inspires imagination and ideas. In providing free meeting space for public use, the libraries of the System support the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, which states:
“Libraries which maintain meeting rooms, exhibit space, or other facilities open to the public should make them available on equal terms to all persons, regardless of their beliefs or affiliations.”
REGULATIONS REGARDING USE OF MEETING ROOMS
EODLS provides Large Meeting rooms which seat more than ten people and
Small Meeting rooms which seat ten people or less.
1. All meetings in the Large Meeting rooms must be open to the public.
2. Organizations and Businesses may book meeting rooms. Individuals may book Small Meeting rooms.
3. Individuals, Organizations and Businesses may have up to four pending reservations. A meeting date may be booked up to a year in advance.
4. Open Meeting Rooms may be used on a first come – first served basis. Users must check-in with the library before they assume the room is available. Users understand that a time limit on the space’s use will be enforced.
5. There will be no charge to groups for the use of the meeting rooms provided it is left in the condition in which it was found. Donations are accepted.
6. No admission charge may be made for any function held in the library’s meeting rooms.
7. Alcohol, tobacco use and vaping are not permitted in EODLS libraries.
8. Library rooms will not be reserved to groups for activities that are likely to disturb regular library functions, i.e. playing loud music or making loud noises. All activities must be contained in the meeting room.
9. All groups are responsible for the repair or replacement of missing or damaged equipment or facilities.
10. The Library reserves the right to refuse future use of the meeting rooms to any group that violates any of the above regulations.
11. Programs sponsored or co-sponsored by the Library are exempt from the rules as outlined above.
12. The Library and/or Library System’s programs are given precedence. The Library reserves the right to reschedule other meetings when the rooms are needed for Library purposes.
The Eastern Oklahoma District Library System and the individual libraries are not
responsible for accidents, injury or loss of individual property while using library
Use of the library meeting rooms by any group in no way constitutes endorsement of that
group’s policies or activities by the branch or the Eastern Oklahoma District Library